Disclaimer:Following are only frequently asked important questions of LSE 09. We no way guarantee that any of this questions will come in the term end examination.
LSE – 09 (ANIMAL DIVERSITY – I)
BLOCK – 1
Unit – 1
- Viruses: A Borderline case between living and non – living things.
- Differences between Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes.
- Five kingdom classification with their characteristics proposed by Whittaker.
Unit – 2
- Locomotors organelles of Protozoans.
- Describe the different types of Pseudopodia with an example.
- Describe the contractile vacuole in Protozoans.
- Reproduction of Protozoa with a diagram.
- Name the protozoans and the diseases caused by them.
- Sexual phase of the life history of Plasmodium.
The life cycle of malarial parasite in mosquito and human hosts.
- Differences – Cilia and Flagella.
- The life cycle of Trypanosome.
Unit – 3
- Characteristics of Metazoa.
- Body cavity and coelom (Process of celom formation in animals).
- What do you understand by true and false coelom?
- Differences – Protostomes and Deuterostomes.
- Explain the three theories of the origin of metazoa.
- Derivatives of the three germ layers.
BLOCK – 2
Unit – 4
- Coral Reefs.
- The life cycle of Obelia.
- Characteristics features of Cnidaria, Ctenophora, Platyhelminthes, Nematoda.
- Cross section of planarian through its pharyngeal region.
- Tacnia solium’s mature protoglottid.
Unit – 5
- The coelom.
- Characteristics features of Annelida.
- The digestive system of leech.
- Differences between Polychaeta and Oligochaeta.
- Mouthparts of cockroach, butterfly, honeybee.
- Characteristic features of Onychophora or affinities of its.
- Differences between – Nematoda and Annelida.
Unit – 6
- Water vascular system of starfish.
- Process of formation of torsion in gastropods.
- Terminal questions.
- Characters of class Cephalopoda.
- Blood circulation in gastropod.
Unit – 7
- Polymorphism in Cnidaria.
- Polymorphism in insecta (Honeybee, Termites).
a) Gastrozooids and Dactylozooids,
b) Polyp and Medusa.
BLOCK – 3
Unit – 8
- Locomotion in Annelida and Echinodermata.
Unit – 9
- Excretion in Non – Chordates.
- Feeding and digestion in Annelids.
Unit – 10
- Respiratory Pigments.
- Open and closed type of circulatory system.
Unit – 11
- Platyhelminthes nervous system.
Unit – 12
- Hormonal mechanism of molting and metamorphosis in insects.
Unit – 13 ***
- A sexual reproduction in non-chordates.
- Budding and Fission.
- Patterns of sexual reproduction in non-chordates.
BLOCK – 4
Unit – 14
- Adaptative radiation in Polychaeta.
- Respiration in molluscu.
- Migration of Insects.
- Colonial forms:
a) Among Protozoans.
b) Among Metazoans.
- Filter feeding.
Unit – 15
- Taxis and Kinesis.
- Biological clock.
- Social organization in insects.
- Round and waggle dances in honey bees.
- Communication behavior in animals.
- Courtship behavior.
- Parasitism –
a) Types of parasites,
b) Effects of parasitism of parasites.
Unit – 16
- Terminal Que.
- Pests of Stored Grains, Sugarcane, Rice etc.
- Three species of locusts in India.
- Insects of Medical Importance.
Unit – 17
- Non- chordates yielding food Honey –
a) Composition of Honey,
b) How is honey produced.
- Life cycle of Bombyx mori.
- Pearl formation.